Saturday, October 19, 2013

University..

Hello, 

How was your Friday? Hope you enjoy your weekend?

So as you may know I am in my second year of university studying Fashion Design, and I love it!

What I am working on now is a Resort 2013 project which is moving really fast, it is crazy to think I am in week three with a toile made and designing, but I prefer it like this because It is fast moving and keeps me so so so busy so I never find time to miss the perks of being home which is great as I can be really home sick at times!

Resort 2013

So I am looking into Resort Wear Designers and researching into a Painting as my inspiration. The project is a print project and colours so I was really scared as I have never worked with prints in my designs or even really that many colours so I had to go for it.

The research kicked of really fast and was enjoying every minute of it.



I spent lots of time looking through books and searching style.com for inspirations and other designers then it came to the really interesting research. 

Researching my Artwork, which was really fun and I was loving it all, I was getting so inspired by it all and getting inspiration from everywhere, which when I showed my tutor he said about maybe being a bit more primitive, which put a spanner in the works and I had to really think about everything and tone it all down to represent my Artwork better, which I totally agreed with.



After experimenting and playing around It became the time to start doing my prints for my swimming costume so I have bought Photoshop, and Illustrator and had about 6 lessons and really tried to get the hang of it which has been fun and I have turned a lot of print ideas which I have really enjoyed considering before I started I thought I would hate. 


Now I am on the Designing stage, I have a cover up to design that I will be making, and a 6 piece collection which is what I am working on this weekend, I am going to look my self in my room to get lots out on paper and work on my line up. 



I hope you enjoyed reading about what I am up to at University, I can tell you it is very manic being a fashion student but thats why I personally love it. My Critique is in 2 weeks so I will post then with final images and designs so you can see the finish outcomes.

Hope you are enjoying your weekend, I'd love to hear about what you are up to.

Thank you for reading,

Love Jade.
              xx


No comments:

Post a Comment