Monday, March 10, 2014

Latest Project!

Hello 

So as you know its my hand-in today for my Real Clothes Project - Soft Tailoring.

I AM DONE & FREE!

All finished and I am two and a half hours early bonus! Which means I can use the lovely iMacs at university! 
*Please someone buy me one*

So Here are some images of my work! 




The original research was about dark beauty, so I thought I didn't want to go too deep into this bit and started looking at Photographers which used quite a Gothic theme. Then I was thinking about how some of us think corsets are really pretty and feminine but then on the other hand they are quite dark in the sense of your bone structure will adapt and back in the day you didn't get the choice if you wanted to, everyone did! 

*Torture!*

Then we had our first Seminar on this brief which he went it to a very dark place of fashion, fashion photography. I did not enjoy this I found it very disturbing but I wanted to include a little bit in my sketch book! 



We had to pick six images that represented beauty in our eyes, mine are these 6. I have a cross between pure nature and landscapes with a cross of man made, with a sense of travel and sense of history. These images are very similar and all interlink to me! Two of my images are from a old shut down Mental Hospital, Which I find really pleasing to the eye with the harsh and soft lines.
*It was after I found the images that I realised what it was*






Zero, Maria Cornejo. 
We were giving a list of designers to choose from which would be who we was designer our 2015 AW Collection for. I loved Maria's work she is all about the pattern cutting which is what I am interested in, I feel like I could bring a lot to the brand which was exciting. I went on with mtg research by looking at loads of her collections old and new to really get a feel of her work. I looked into the website to find the price range I also looked at some "Real People" wearing her clothing. Then also some famous! 



Bearing in mind this is a soft tailoring project I looked at different designers that to tailoring in unique ways, I wanted to take a different approach, but keeping in with the soft tailoring. I filled a whole sketch book with different designers! 







So with my design process an important part was the soft and harsh lines from my images which I wanted to include, I traced over my images then applied people over the top to think about shapes and lines which really helped me. Taking on board Maria Cornejo's design work and inspiration I really wanted to think about the pattern cutting so from my final designs I picked four of the most difficult designs and made little paper versions! 


Maria Cornejo's also manipulates iPhone snaps and create prints which I really enjoy doing too. I have created a few as an example. In my 6 Outfit collection I didn't want to include any as I feel it would have been too much, but If I was able to do a bigger collection one or two would fit in well. 

-MY BOARDS-



My Mood/ Concept Board 


My Colour Board


My Final Line Up


My CAD Flats





My Soft Tailored Jacket

*Only in calico!*



All ready to hand in! 

This project has been on fast forward I think. I can't even remember ever sitting down let alone sleeping. I have really enjoyed this project and feel like I have found my self within the work! 

That was all my work from the last three weeks! I hope you enjoyed reading this and liked my work! 
I'd love to see what you guys have been working on! 
   
Thank you for reading.

Love Jade.
             xx



No comments:

Post a Comment